2018 TACOMA FILM FESTIVAL
"Whether youâ€™re itching to show off the film thatâ€™ll draw in your next great creative collaborators, in search of a training ground where youâ€™ll swap ideas at every screening series, or simply seeking high quality features and shorts, TFFâ€™s 2017 run is proof that rising stars would be remiss not to add it to their annual itinerary." - MovieMaker Magazine Winter 2018
50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee, 2014-2018 - MovieMaker Magazine
"The ultimate indie film festival." - CityArts Magazine - Seattle
"One of the premier festivals in the Northwest." - PostDefiance.com
The Tacoma Film Festival is a celebration of independent film mirroring the diverse and eclectic sensibilities of western Washingtonâ€™s second largest city. Including selections from the Pacific Northwest and all over the world, TFF prides itself on showcasing the connectedness of local, national, and international film.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2017
- 150+ World, US, Washington, or even Tacoma/Pierce County premieres. Our lineup included festival favorites straight from top festivals and a lovingly programmed selection of features and shorts.
- It was the 2nd year of our wildly successful filmmaker housing program, where we hand select wonderful residents to host filmmakers.
- The Veldt VR Studio. Cutting edge works from the VR space without time limits
- Industry and filmmaker-oriented panels and classes
- Fun parties and after parties
This is our time to celebrate you, the filmmaker, and the invaluable artistic talents that you provide to the film community.
Please, no phone inquiries.
FILM SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2017 SEASON ARE NOW CLOSED
Films are placed in competition at the sole discretion of the Tacoma Film Festival. Entries may not publicly screen in Pierce County, Washington before October 2017.
Washington Filmmakers may receive complete fee waivers with proof of residency emailed before the film is submitted.
Students may receive a $10 submission discount with proof of enrollment (i.e. student ID) emailed before film is submitted.
The Tacoma Film Festival is a part of Tacoma's only first-run movie theatre, The Grand Cinema. Voted the Best Indie Theatre in Western Washington four years in a row. The Grand is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.