Submit Your Film
SUBMIT DIRECTLY TO THE TACOMA FILM FESTIVAL THROUGH zonefestival.com
FEATURE I SHORT I MUSIC VIDEO I VR
SUBMIT VIA OTHER FILMMAKER SUBMISSION PLATFORMS
50 Film Festivals worth the Entry Fee, 2014-2018 - MovieMaker Magazine
“…Rising stars would be remiss not to add it to their annual itinerary." - MovieMaker Magazine
"The ultimate indie film festival." - Seattle's CityArts Magazine
"One of the premier festivals in the Northwest." - PostDefiance.com
“It was one of the most diverse and current selection of films, shorts and new media that I have ever experienced in a film festival. I met people there that I will continue to be connected to for a long time.”– Juan Carlos Zaldivar, filmmaker
“The programming at TFF had such a progressive vision of cinema. The festival had a definite voice and created a warm atmosphere for filmmakers…” Masami Kawai, filmmaker
“Very friendly, great emphasis on the films and filmmakers and creating an intimate community for film-going. Beautiful festival.”- Derek Knowles, filmmaker
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2018
- 180+ films including world, US, and Washington premieres. Our programming presented films that featured innovative storytelling, creative non-fiction, and wonderful works of animation.
- It was the 3rd year of our wildly successful filmmaker housing program where we hand-select wonderful residents to host filmmakers.
- The third edition of our Music Video program (Track 03), screened at Fawcett Hall, a state of the art music venue with one of the best sound systems in the state
- The Veldt VR Studio. Our fourth year presenting a diverse selection of virtual reality works, exhibited in a beloved community space, and without time limits.
- Panels and workshops geared towards independent filmmakers
- Fun parties and after parties
2018 SUBMISSION DEADLINES
- Feature Narrative
- Short Narrative
- Feature Documentary
- Short Documentary
- Feature Animation
- Short Animation
- Pacific NW Feature (WA, OR, ID, BC)
- Pacific NW Short (WA, OR, ID, BC)
- Music Video
2019 jury AWARDS
- Best Narrative Feature- $1000
- Best Documentary Feature- $1000
- Best Narrative Short- $750
- Best Documentary Short- $750
- Best Animation Short or Feature- $250
- Best Music Video- $250
- Best Virtual Reality work- $250
- Best Pacific Northwest Feature- $500
- Best Pacific Northwest Short- $500
- Best Pierce County Short or Feature- $500
ADDITIONAL JURY AWARDS
- Best Director, Documentary Feature- $175
- Best Director, Narrative Feature- $175
- Best Director, Documentary Short- $150
- Best Director, Narrative Short- $150
- Best Performance, Narrative Feature- $150
- Best Screenplay, Narrative Feature- $150
- Best Performance, Narrative Short- $150
- Best Screenplay, Narrative Short- $150
- Four awards for Best Cinematography (documentary feature and short films, and narrative feature and short films).
2019 AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS
- Audience Choice, Feature- $1000
- Audience Choice, Short- $750
2019 PNW Audience Choice Awards
- Audience Choice, Pacific Northwest Feature- $750
- Audience Choice, Pacific Northwest Short- $500
Submission WAIVERS & DISCOUNTS
- We may provide waivers and/or discounts to the following:
- TFF Alumni - if you’ve screened at TFF in the past, we will waive the submission fee.
- Pacific Northwest Filmmakers - if your film was made in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, or British Columbia or you have strong ties to the area, you may be eligible for a waiver.
- Student Discount - we provide a $10 discount for students or student works (films made during matriculation) on presentation of current student ID or proof of enrollment during production of your film.
- We do not provide waivers for any other types of submissions.
- No phone inquiries, please. Please email us with questions: info@tacomafilmfestival.